Does Javascript Affect Ranking?

dshowgirl

Nuovo Utente
28 Dic 2007
dshowgirl.zaadz.com
Almost all SEO's agree that using too much javascript can harm your rankings and might confuse the search engines. Is it true? We decided to answer this extremely simple question for the two leading search engines using a simple statistical analysis.

The methodology: I gathered the results of the queries that were naturally performed last month by myself and three associates using the two leading search engines and analyzed them. I had to visit each page and check the HTML source code to see if javascript was being used. I counted the number of pages found that utilized javascript for the first 8 rankings. The results for each of the two leading search engines were kept separate so that we could discover any differences between the two leading search engines for this factor.

The resulting graphs show the number of pages utilizing javascript for each ranking. The Y-axis shows the number of pages found utilizing javascript, while the X-axis shows rankings 1 through 8. Here are the graphs for each of the two leading search engines:

http://www.SearchEngineGeek.com/graphs/dcy02.jpg

http://www.SearchEngineGeek.com/graphs/dcg02.jpg

The result is very conclusive and very surprising. Both leading search engines rank pages that utilize javascript higher than pages that do not utilize javascript. This is another example of how the guesses of the SEO community are often just that... guesses... They have a 50% chance of being correct on any particular factor. In this case, the majority of the SEO community guessed wrong.

Notes:

1. There was no exercise to attempt to isolate different keywords. I merely took a random sampling of the queries performed by myself and three associates during the month.

Conclusion:

Pages which utilize javascript rank higher than pages that do not utilize javascript on both of the leading search engines.

This is merely a correlation study, so it cannot be determined from this study whether the leading search engines purposefully entertain this factor or not. The actual factors used may be far distant from the factor we studied, but the end result is that these search engines do, in fact, rank pages with javascript higher than pages without javascript in the study.

wow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldWorld Of Warcraft powerlevelingWorld Of Warcraft powerlevelingWorld Of Warcraft powerlevelingWorld Of Warcraft powerlevelingWorld Of Warcraft powerlevelingWorld Of Warcraft powerlevelingWorld Of Warcraft powerlevelingworld of warcraft power leveling

Discussioni simili
Autore Titolo Forum Risposte Data
T [PHP] SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: number of bound variables does not match number of PHP 1
F Document type does not allow element DIV here HTML e CSS 3
O APACHE:[error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico PHP 10
I Creare un banner temporaneo JavaScript Javascript 0
S Impossibile scorrere un oggetto in JavaScript Javascript 0
N Passare array da php a javascript PHP 5
L Quiz javascript funzionante da migliorare Javascript 0
P errore 404 con javascript Javascript 2
D aiuto funzioni javascript Javascript 1
M Upload immagine con javascript problemi con FormData() Javascript 1
L countdown multiplo javascript Javascript 1
S Problemi Javascript + Aruba Javascript 2
M Inviare un file su un server remoto con JavaScript Javascript 0
T a href="javascript:;" Javascript 1
F Creare elementi html con javascript Javascript 3
A pulsante di update campo mysql con javascript Javascript 2
8 Javascript - PDF Form Javascript 0
B javascript per problemi con pdf e Safari Javascript 0
N informazione javascript Programmazione 0
I Eecuzione di javascript in ciclo foreach php. PHP 7
P javascript:document.forms Javascript 7
S Consiglio esercizio Javascript Javascript 2
MarcoGrazia Aggiungere o rimuovere classi in javascript Javascript 1
P Passaggio id php a javascript PHP 6
R Confrontare il dominio di una mail con una stringa contenente un dominio personalizzato, tutto ciò in php o javascript PHP 0
E lettura da un Database con Javascript jQuery 2
V TRIS in javascript Javascript 1
IClaude Funzione Javascript Javascript 8
Alex_70 Javascript date color Javascript 3
F Convertire JavaScript per la compatibilità nei browser obsoleti Javascript 0
I Passare dei parametri in javascript PHP 0
Shyson Meglio Javascript o HTML? Javascript 4
G Problema verifica palindromo e verifica pari e dispari javascript Javascript 0
M Chiamare pagina php da javascript Javascript 8
M Errore JavaScript per php [objeto HTMLParagraphElement] PHP 0
D Javascript per il download dei dati Javascript 0
grgfede Problema javascript con aruba Javascript 1
R Cerco supporto in programmazione javascript Offerte e Richieste di Lavoro e/o Collaborazione 0
webmachine [PHP] [JAVASCRIPT] Form strano in HTML PHP PHP 1
W Modificare il Type di un Input box in javascript ovunque si trovi Javascript 0
I javascript come caricare una pagina sopra quella corrente in automatico Javascript 2
L [Javascript] Problema salvataggio dati in db Javascript 1
max1974 [Javascript] Grafico chartjs con dati da J.ajax Javascript 3
G Quiz Javascript Javascript 4
A [Javascript] Scrittura su più campi contemporaneamente Javascript 18
F classic asp popolare combo box javascript Presentati al Forum 1
claudio_lorenzo [Javascript] aiuto su jquery per calcolo altezze dom Javascript 1
F [Javascript] comando innerHTML non funziona Javascript 5
alexice51 proggrammi per scrivere in javascript? Javascript 3
max1974 [Javascript] Accordion aria-exspanded Javascript 0